MEETING AND CONSULTATION
Property owners have different visions for their landscape and outdoor spaces. Professionals should consider these unique needs while developing a good plan. At JL Masonry LLC, we follow a detailed five-step process for our landscaping projects. In our experience, this process yields the best results and maximum customer satisfaction. The first step in the process is a consultation.
How to Prepare for the Consultation
We consider meetings a two-way interaction. All parties involved bounce ideas off each other, discuss the project’s intricacies, and come up with ideas together. We encourage clients to prepare in advance for the masonry planning consultation. Here’s a look at some steps to take:
- Take pictures of your current backyard or landscape from various angles. That will help our experts get a good idea of what your property layout is like.
- Provide plot survey copies to help our experts create a more accurate baseline for the project.
- Collect inspiration pictures from different online and offline publications. You can look at landscape designs, selecting styles that appeal to your aesthetic preferences.
- Collect images of desirable masonry material options like pavers, bricks, veneers, natural stone, and hardscaping installations.
- Take a few pictures of your home so our professional landscapers can maintain a proper flow of the design.
- Create a list of questions you may want to ask our landscaping expert. Don’t be afraid to discuss candidly, which ensures there are no misunderstandings down the line.
You can also ask our team what they may need for the initial consultation. Being prepared ensures the project has a strong foundation and the hardscape design suits your requirements.
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.
What to Expect From the Hardscaping Consultation
Our goal with this initial meeting is to ensure the client and our team understand each other. Here’s a look at what you can expect from this meeting:
- Our designer will ask questions about your current masonry features and property architecture.
- They will discuss different landscaping ideas based on the property’s current layout.
- The expert will do some rough sketches of hardscapes, gardens, lawns, and other installations. These aren’t the finalized designs, but they help everyone involved visualize different ideas.
- We will look over your inspiration images, sketches, and current layout photographs carefully.
- Our expert will introduce a few landscaping ideas before listening to your feedback on them.
The consultation is a two-way conversation between our experts and clients. During this conversation, we will take the time to understand your vision and preferences. It is a good idea to bring all decision-makers to the meeting to avoid disagreements later. A consultation should last for about an hour, but it can go beyond that if the project is particularly complicated. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns with our experts. A candid, honest discussion ensures a landscape design lives up to the client’s expectations.
If you want to know more about our masonry design and construction process, don’t hesitate to contact JL Masonry LLC. You can call us or use our online contact us form to reach us.